Thursday, February 18, 2010

My passion is FASHION.

As you will soon learn, I love fashion.

Last fall, I had the privilege of interning at an exclusive designer boutique in Indianapolis called Frankey's. While I was there, my eyes were opened wide to the world of fashion. I played a behind the scenes role at Frankey's and designed all the advertisements and e-mail blasts in addition to planning promotional events and parties. I soon discovered that this is an ever-changing, fast paced industry that I would LOVE to be in. A dream job of mine would be to do fashion PR and as many of us have seen on the hit show, KELL ON EARTH  it is a very tough and competitive environment be in. I ask myself every day, "Abby, should you keep dreaming or actually follow through with your dream?" You see, I graduated from Butler University where fashion classes and programs weren't offered and therefore I don't have "classroom experience." But honestly, that doesn't matter. I love a challenge and am a quick learner. I'd do whatever it takes to get into the fashion PR industry and I hope someday I am rewarded for all of my hard work. I don't quit.

Ok ok, on another note; throughout this blog I plan to share my passion with you. One part of fashion I love is obviously (shopping), so I thought it would be fun to share with you some of my purchases and/or items on my wish list. Enjoy and get inspired to follow your own dreams. Ciao xo

No comments:

Post a Comment