Thursday, February 18, 2010

Choose ME. #HAPPO

Let me introduce myself-- Hi, my name is Abigail Christine Dorsett and I am a recent graduate of Butler University in Indianapolis, IN. In December I received my B.A. in Integrated Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and Advertising; I graduated early… it was hard work! The road to picking my major wasn't an easy one, because as an uninformed 18 year-old entering into her first year of college, I thought I had it all figured out. WRONG! But by the end of my freshman year I did figure it out. I knew that as a creative, enthusiastic and 'big picture' woman, my heart and soul was leading me into a career of PR and Advertising. 


So here I am, nearly four years later: ready, confident and anxiously awaiting the next step in life. I don't claim to know all the answers, but I will find them for you. I'm confident, and I think that comes from my height. In 8th grade I was already 5 feet 10 inches tall-- I was the girl everyone had to look up to. But I made the most of it; I didn't want people to look up to me cause I was tall, I wanted people to look up to me cause I had the answers. I had the desire, the dream and the confidence to make something of myself and that is what I've been doing. Everyday when I wake up I live by the motto, "Make it Count." I made each day count while receiving my education and I will make each day count in my career. So, you must be asking yourself, "Why her--why Abby Dorsett?" Well listen up...

I am a PR and Advertising professional. I am a storyteller, a riveting writer and a creative artist. I will strive to create, design and build your brand while being your biggest cheerleader, your devoted publicist and your out-of-the-box thinker. I love to learn, play and find wonder in the world of PR and Advertising everyday-- because everyday is different, I'm different. I'm not your average 22 year-old, I truly believe my knowledge is beyond my years. I WON'T SETTLE, ever. I will work hard, and I won't stop until the job is done--so take a chance on me. I'd be happy to send you my resume, cover letter and references and please e-mail me at abby.dorsett@gmail.com. I hope this post gave you a little glimpse about my attitude towards life and my desire to succeed. I look forward to the future, and I especially look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Abby Dorsett

No comments:

Post a Comment